|Offerer||TJC Engineering, Inc.|
|Original Completion Date||N/A|
|Original Value||$5.0 Million|
|Type of Contract||IDIQ Requirements Type|
|Final Completion Date||12/01/2005|
Final Evaluation Rating: Outstanding
TJC assembled and managed an in-house work force and subcontractors during the course this project to execute delivery orders for hauling and installing travel trailers at locations across Southern Florida, from West Palm Beach to Key Largo to Fort Myers, Florida. The contract schedule required units RFO within four days of delivery order issuance.
The contract included provisions for TJC to provide the following services:
- Debris removal and demolition of existing trailers and miscellaneous structures.
- Complete site development including design and permitting.
- Transport and set-up of travel trailers.
- Transport and set-up of mobile home trailers.
- Set-up included anchoring, MEP and minor trailer repair as required per FEMA guidelines for RFO.
Unique Project Challenges:
- Management team executed work successfully without normal infrastructure support due to multiple work sites and short notice for project start-up.
- Assembled team of 16 subcontractors to provide effective trailer hauling and installation 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- This project reflects TJC’s ability to work cooperatively with the designated COR.
- TJC developed quality control and safety work plans from scratch based on previous construction experience and anticipated hazards for our contract as well as the Corps’ general use.
Special Note: Jacksonville District, USACE elected to cancel this contract due to a bid protest.